The Student Room Group

Speeding Ticket

Don't know if anyone has been in a similar situation but I bought a car last week that still had insurance in the name of the person who sold it to me. I was traveling from the city where I bought the vehicle to another city where I live and I might have been caught by a speeding camera. Does anyone know if the police would find out that the insurance wasn't in my name or as long as the car was insured I would just receive a speeding ticket to pay off and points of course?
Reply 1
If you do not have insurance in your name they will know. You should have insured it before you drove it.
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
If you do not have insurance in your name they will know. You should have insured it before you drove it.

Yeh I know, I had the insurance just not on my name.
Reply 3
Original post by dArIIvsz

It doesn't work like that. Someone else had insurance - it didn't cover you driving the car.
Original post by dArIIvsz

That means you don't have insurance, at all. If you got flashed the first thing you or the seller will have to declare is who was driving.

+ at least 20 idiot points for speeding in an uninsured car you aren't used to.
Original post by StriderHort
That means you don't have insurance, at all. If you got flashed the first thing you or the seller will have to declare is who was driving.

+ at least 20 idiot points for speeding in an uninsured car you aren't used to.

Exactly.
It doesn't take much for them to find out these things.
You should have made sure you had insurance before you drove it.
Reply 6
Realistically no, this will likely not be noticed. Insurance is not checked as part of the automated NIP procedure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending