The Student Room Group

M56 junction 6 to 7 speed cameras

Hello. Can anyone help? I noticed a flash from in front and above as I was driving along the M56 from junction 6 to junction 7 a few nights ago. I am wondering if it was a speed camera as I was exceeding by quite a bit the 50mph temporary speed limit, thinking that it was 70mph. When I drove back along the same stretch of road the next day I realised that there are three sets of speed cameras at intervals of a few hundred metres, one camera for each lane in each set, and they are all small yellow cameras and mounted on yellow poles. Does anyone know if these cameras actually flash? I thought that they were average speed cameras and that they didn't flash but I could easily be wrong. Are these cameras live, does anyone know? If anyone has any knowledge of this, I'd be very grateful to hear from you and, yes, I know I shouldn't have been speeding!
Reply 1
Original post by Jane1296
Hello. Can anyone help? I noticed a flash from in front and above as I was driving along the M56 from junction 6 to junction 7 a few nights ago. I am wondering if it was a speed camera as I was exceeding by quite a bit the 50mph temporary speed limit, thinking that it was 70mph. When I drove back along the same stretch of road the next day I realised that there are three sets of speed cameras at intervals of a few hundred metres, one camera for each lane in each set, and they are all small yellow cameras and mounted on yellow poles. Does anyone know if these cameras actually flash? I thought that they were average speed cameras and that they didn't flash but I could easily be wrong. Are these cameras live, does anyone know? If anyone has any knowledge of this, I'd be very grateful to hear from you and, yes, I know I shouldn't have been speeding!

Sound like average speed cameras to me. You're likely ****ed.

Average speed cameras don't flash IIRC, they just track your speed over a journey...but a flash is a flash. Your only hope is that if it was at night it would likely be out of tape, but newer models don't use tapes

This is most likely average check cameras on the M56 you're referring to - these don't have a visible flash.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
These are for certain average speed cameras, I drive on this motorway everyday for work. They have only been installed in the last year and the 50mph temp speed limit due to road works span from junction 5 to junction 7.

So sounds like you will be getting a NIP.
Reply 5
Hi did you get a ticket for this. I’ve done the same thing and worried
Reply 6
Hi did you get a ticket for this as I done the same thing and now worried. It was dark and I didn’t see them until last minute

Reply 7
Hi did you get tickets for this? As this happened to me and would like to know the answer. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending