The Student Room Group

What to do if your not attracted to them?

So there’s this guy who is literally so sweet to me and know if I was with him hed be good to me but the only problem is I’m not physically attracted to him at all, we are just friends now and he had tried to confess to me before and I rejected but we still speak a lot to each other

I don’t know what to do cause I don’t kno if id ever find anyone else like him but At the same time I’m not sure if I can be with someone I’m not attracted to.?
Gotta be attracted to the person you're in a relationship with, just bad luck I guess
Original post by Anonymous #1
So there’s this guy who is literally so sweet to me and know if I was with him hed be good to me but the only problem is I’m not physically attracted to him at all, we are just friends now and he had tried to confess to me before and I rejected but we still speak a lot to each other

I don’t know what to do cause I don’t kno if id ever find anyone else like him but At the same time I’m not sure if I can be with someone I’m not attracted to.?

Think of what kind of relationship you'd have with someone you're not attracted to. Is that the kind of relationship you envision having?
I've been there, and trust me.
It isn't worth it and will just end badly.
Only ever consider dating and hooking up with someone that you know you are attracted to.
Mutual attraction is essential for a happy and healthy intimate relationship that will eventually involve sex.

Don't waste anybody's time by dating them while considering them unattractive because they are desperate and pester you.
Nor because you feel sorry for them, are bored or very lonely.
Original post by Anonymous #4

PRSOM
Original post by londonmyst
PRSOM

What?
if you treat him like a grey pistol and he treats you like a gold pump, rift out of there, you'll get lost but you'll have mats to build back up again
Reply 8
Being friends with him is great for you both. If he is alright with being just friends it's a win-win.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #4

What do u mean by end badly? What happened
Reply 10
Original post by Kathy89
Being friends with him is great for you both. If he is alright with being just friends it's a win-win.

I want to be just friend but it feels like he is trying to pursue me still even after I rejected him and I don’t wanna lead him on
What do u mean by end badly? What happened

Interest will eventually be lost, and someone will inevitably get hurt.
Original post by Anonymous #5
if you treat him like a grey pistol and he treats you like a gold pump, rift out of there, you'll get lost but you'll have mats to build back up again

What
Reply 13
It’s a tricky situation as it’s difficult for the rejected person to absolutely accept it and friendship post rejection is often unsatisfactory and breaks down. Unless he can accept the situation I would say distance yourself more.
As to the question if you should give him a chance because he would be very good to you, I would follow your instincts here . Dating can be a compromise between what you ideally want and what’s on offer. From what you say I worry it wouldn’t be fair to him or work out in the long term
Reply 14

To all Gentlemen reading this post-acting super nice to a woman who is NOT reciprocating the affection is a turn off to her. That's FEMALE NATURE. This lady has literally said she rejected him but he is still acting all sweet to win her by being nice. If he had accepted the rejection at first and proceeded with 'no contact' afterwards, she will be chasing him instead. As things stand now, it is a matter of time before she blocks him. Men, kill that beta masculinity in you and embrace the alpha mindset
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 15
You can be platonic friends with him. I don't really think you could be in a romantic relationship if you aren't physically attracted to him.

However, I do sense from your post that you are almost keen for a romantic relationship with him despite your lack of physical attraction? I suppose an alternative in that situation is to give it a try, and then just end things if it doesn't work out. But that's only if you think there's a chance a relationship might work out between the two of you.
Original post by Anonymous #5

I don’t even play Fortnite but for some reason this makes sense to me
To answer your question, you do the friendzone speech and if he still doesn't get it you repeat it until he does get it. The purpose of dating and hanging out is to see if there is any chemistry. If there simply isn't any you either stop hanging out or just stay as friends and you then date someone else until you find someone who there is chemistry with, and it is usually discernible pretty quickly when there is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending