The Student Room Group

cardiff Uni

Does anybody know if Cardiff Uni is more likely to favour Welsh students?
I think they give additional consideration for welsh applicants and those with contextual circumstances
Original post by JWLJ
Original post by JWLJ

Hiya! Since this is in the Dentistry section I'm assuming you're asking in relation to the Dentistry course, my apologies if I got this wrong! According to the Dentistry Admissions policy for 2024 entry, applicants who have attended a Welsh-medium school or completed a GCSE in Welsh first language, may be given extra consideration. So I would say not all Welsh students, but some, as not all Welsh students meet this criteria :smile:

However, there are a couple other circumstances where students may be given extra consideration, such as attending certain Widening Participation programmes. Here's a link to the Admissions Policy if you were interested in looking into it.

Hope this helped!

Please let me know if you had any other questions :smile:

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Hello there! I was wondering what is it like studying at Cardiff :smile:
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hiya! Since this is in the Dentistry section I'm assuming you're asking in relation to the Dentistry course, my apologies if I got this wrong! According to the Dentistry Admissions policy for 2024 entry, applicants who have attended a Welsh-medium school or completed a GCSE in Welsh first language, may be given extra consideration. So I would say not all Welsh students, but some, as not all Welsh students meet this criteria :smile:

However, there are a couple other circumstances where students may be given extra consideration, such as attending certain Widening Participation programmes. Here's a link to the Admissions Policy if you were interested in looking into it.

Hope this helped!

Please let me know if you had any other questions :smile:

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Original post by basicbrowngirl
Hello there! I was wondering what is it like studying at Cardiff :smile:

Hiya! Its a really wonderful university, I'm really enjoying my time here :smile: I think one of the benefits is its location, for sure. I really like the mix of nature and the city. We have loads of green space here and parks but the uni campus is also right next to the city center! (just a 10 minute walk!)

We have a massive student union and there's always something to do here, there's loads of societies and activities that are always going on. Its hard to get bored haha (in fact, I'm usually finding myself busy with all the activities I do!)

It's really affordable, Wales is generally more affordable than other parts of the UK, and the on-campus Lidl helps!

There's a lot of student support in case you're struggling at uni, which I really like as well. But of course, a lot of it depends on the course. Were you interested in studying dentistry as well?

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep :smile:
Will Cardiff using a scoring system again this year?

Quick Reply

Latest