The Student Room Group

how to get all 9s in ur gcses?

how do i even revise or like,,, cram for exams???? (ion know how to cram lol) i'm losing all motivationnnn n the exams r so close i need tips n motivation man ))))):
Original post by mzzz_k
how do i even revise or like,,, cram for exams???? (ion know how to cram lol) i'm losing all motivationnnn n the exams r so close i need tips n motivation man ))))):

sounds dumb but the key is to not stress. if you get enough sleep aswell before the exam your brain will function a lot better. try think positively when going through these exams and you’ll be happy with the result
Original post by mzzz_k

Whether it's after school or a holiday, make sure you get some rest - grab a snack and do something you want for atleast an hour. Then get settled down and study - at this point past papers are the key and review topics you aren't confident in. What helps me for motivation is either just getting down and starting it without giving much thought (i.e. forcing myself lol) or I walk around or do some light stretches and somehow it gets me going for revision. I'm not sure what works for you, but try to pull yourself through these last few weeks, you got this!!
Reply 3
Original post by reuben hamlin
sounds dumb but the key is to not stress. if you get enough sleep aswell before the exam your brain will function a lot better. try think positively when going through these exams and you’ll be happy with the result

thank u sm bb <333
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Whether it's after school or a holiday, make sure you get some rest - grab a snack and do something you want for atleast an hour. Then get settled down and study - at this point past papers are the key and review topics you aren't confident in. What helps me for motivation is either just getting down and starting it without giving much thought (i.e. forcing myself lol) or I walk around or do some light stretches and somehow it gets me going for revision. I'm not sure what works for you, but try to pull yourself through these last few weeks, you got this!!

ahh i luvvvv eating chocolate b4 studying cus it rly helps w my focus (??) & what can i do after i've done the past papers?? cus i did all of them i think for all the subjs i do (most don't have that many) so should i jus re-do them??? & thanks sm for the tips bae <333333 hope u do well in ur exams asw
Original post by mzzz_k
ahh i luvvvv eating chocolate b4 studying cus it rly helps w my focus (??) & what can i do after i've done the past papers?? cus i did all of them i think for all the subjs i do (most don't have that many) so should i jus re-do them??? & thanks sm for the tips bae <333333 hope u do well in ur exams asw

Yes definitely!!
Redo them until you get 9s in them and you can try old spec questions if you have done all of them.
Good luck for your exams
Reply 6
Original post by foreverrocking
Yes definitely!!
Redo them until you get 9s in them and you can try old spec questions if you have done all of them.
Good luck for your exams

where can i get old spec qs??? i did once look for them but can't find any lol +++ good luck on ur exams too <333333
Reply 7
Original post by mzzz_k

for me i did every single past paper for all my subjects out there. for subjects like chemistry and physics (which i did not understand) i even memorised the answers to questions that came up often just to do well. (got a 99 in science so it must have worked)
Reply 8
GCSEs are a memorisation exam. If you are able to learn and recall everything in those CGP books, your exams will be a piece of cake 👍

There isn't anything in the exam beyond what's in the CGP textbook. (BTW I am only mentioning CGP because I'm not sure if this is the case for other textbooks, and CGP does an amazing job of cutting out all of the unnecessary nonsense and only explaining what you need to know for the exam).

No point doing exam practice until you know the content! Patch up your knowledge gaps and then begin the exam paper practice grind
Reply 9
Original post by lee_miller7
for me i did every single past paper for all my subjects out there. for subjects like chemistry and physics (which i did not understand) i even memorised the answers to questions that came up often just to do well. (got a 99 in science so it must have worked)

i acc do that asw for qs in physics that i don't understand so i'll take ur advice n try doing it for every subj lol
Reply 10
Original post by mzzz_k

Heya!
It's totally normal to feel overwhelmed when it comes to revising or cramming for exams. To make the most of your time, try to create a schedule that works for you and focus on the topics that are most important. To keep yourself motivated, set achievable goals and reward yourself for reaching them. DOing practice questions + using a mark scheme to go through your answers will also help a lot!

And don't forget to take breaks and practice self-care along the way. You got this!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 11
Original post by .N.A.
GCSEs are a memorisation exam. If you are able to learn and recall everything in those CGP books, your exams will be a piece of cake 👍

There isn't anything in the exam beyond what's in the CGP textbook. (BTW I am only mentioning CGP because I'm not sure if this is the case for other textbooks, and CGP does an amazing job of cutting out all of the unnecessary nonsense and only explaining what you need to know for the exam).

No point doing exam practice until you know the content! Patch up your knowledge gaps and then begin the exam paper practice grind

oh yes i love cgp tbs cus they're extremely useful for subjs like geo n physics!!! if i can rmbr everything from those books,, would i acc b able to do well in the exam?? thank u sm for ur advice <33
Reply 12
Original post by mzzz_k
oh yes i love cgp tbs cus they're extremely useful for subjs like geo n physics!!! if i can rmbr everything from those books,, would i acc b able to do well in the exam?? thank u sm for ur advice <33

Positive. I know loadssss of people who have learned the content like this (including myself - even for A-Levels!)
Original post by mzzz_k

Happy to help!! Yes, I love me some chocolate for a less-motivated day! After past papers, I use something that came from the study utuber Unjaded jade, called *MARCKS*. This basically sums up the reasons you may lose marks in exams (specific to sciences but still applicable to subjects like maths too). M for whether your maths went wrong. A for whether you applied knowledge to the question or not. R for whether you read the question properly. C for communication (i.e. did you communicate your ideas clearly). K for whether you are lacking in knowledge of the topic/subject. And S for whether you said enough statements or not.

Quick Reply

Latest