The Student Room Group

Is it better to sleep and revise or sleep less and revise

I know sleep is important for performance but with my A levels coming up and having so much revision to do is it worth just sacrificing sleep for more revision?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I know sleep is important for performance but with my A levels coming up and having so much revision to do is it worth just sacrificing sleep for more revision?

Yeah, definitely you can if you prefer to. But you also have to be mindful that whether you've got the habit of sleeping less. If you don't have the habit and you do it frequently for some time, then you might fall sick. Otherwise, balancing both is a good way to look at it.
Hey there.

I personally think sleep is very important especially around exam season as it can help recharge your body and mind. I would say to ensure you get your 8 hours of sleep, just so you can then make your study time more productive the next day. If you are struggling for time, I would recommend going to sleep a bit earlier and then waking up earlier the next day.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Scarlet - Sheffield Hallam Student Ambassador.
Reply 3
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey there.

I personally think sleep is very important especially around exam season as it can help recharge your body and mind. I would say to ensure you get your 8 hours of sleep, just so you can then make your study time more productive the next day. If you are struggling for time, I would recommend going to sleep a bit earlier and then waking up earlier the next day.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Scarlet - Sheffield Hallam Student Ambassador.

what if you suffer from insomia
Original post by Anonymous

Sleep is vital for processing information, the retention of memories, the consolidation of ideas and staying motivated and calm - all in all it is important for helping you remember the content, as well as stay focussed when you are revising. I would recommend that you prioritise sleep, as even if that means you do less revision, the time that you are revising will be more productive and you are more likely to remember what you have learned.
I hope this helps!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending