The Student Room Group

Retaking year 12?

In the recent end of year exams (year 12) I got a B (computer science) and 2 E's (physics and Maths). On my schools prospectus (for 2023/24) it states to get into year 13 I need at least a minimum of 3 Es in all my subjects (it's been like this for about a decade) which I've achieved (My predicted grades forcomputer science is an A, physics is a B and for Maths an E). However, now the school is saying now I need a minimum of 3 D's to get into year 13. I'm unsure of what to do, I was a few marks off a D in Maths and physics but I know they probably won't accept that. What should I do now, would I have to retake the year or would I be able to appeal?
Reply 1
It depends on how lenient your school are. Considering Es used to be accepted, it's certainly possible that they'll skirt past it, because of your high grades in the other subjects too. However, the only way to say for sure is if you ask your college/sixth form. They'll be able to decide based on multiple factors. It might be worth speaking to a teacher to see if they have any advice, or even if they can help you in any way to achieve a D. It really does depend on the lenience of those in charge though I'm afraid.
I hope that helps, and I hope all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest