The Student Room Group

Retakes

Hi,
Before summer, my school told me (not in writing) that I will have to retake year 12 due to attendance and grades (I was diagnosed at the start of the year and suffered severe symptoms and had lots of hospital trips which affected my performance). I was fine with that. On the first day back, I was told I would still be able to retake and given the subject choice sheet. The next day I came back with my choices. I was then told that I am not allowed to retake. I am now left with mocks in a few weeks, extremely behind on everything and with no prospects of catching up. I am trying my absolute best but nothing seems to have much impact. I am now under insane stress which is worsening my symptoms. I don't know what to do now. If I continue to finish year 13 this year I will no doubt gets Cs and Ds. Any advice?
Reply 1
I am really sorry this is happening to you, I’m kinda on a similar boat right now, I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis and really struggled to get into college and as a result my attendance suffered.

It’s really awful when people aren’t open and upfront about what needs to be done, and it’s really awful you’re being messed around like this.

Wishing you all the best in the new year don’t stop pressing for information and don’t stop trying and losing hope because it’s better to have tried and done slightly better than had you not bothered at all.
Reply 2
update: they finally let me retake starting from Jan

Quick Reply

Latest