The Student Room Group

GCSE Equipment

Hi all,

I’m trying to gather the stationery I need for my exams but am a bit confused about how I should know what to take to each exam. Do I just look at past papers And take what they I need or should I just take a protractor, set of compasses etc to each maths/science exam just in case I need it? I wouldn’t be told NOT to have a protractor/set of compasses in exam if I didnt need it, would I?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I would take the full stationary unless specified where you can’t bring it. The basic set you would need is:

Pen
Pencil
Ruler
Rubber

That’s just for all other GCSE exams. For stuff like maths, you would need a maths set etc. It might be worth asking your teacher if you are still unsure.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I’ve got the basics covered, it’s just working out what to take to specific exams/papers. For example, for my exam board, my physics mocks required a protractor for Paper 2 but not for Paper 1. Do I take a protractor to both just in case or do I assume that I will only need a protractor for paper 2?

You’re probably right, and I’ll just take the full set.
Original post by spiral22
I would take the full stationary unless specified where you can’t bring it. The basic set you would need is:

Pen
Pencil
Ruler
Rubber

That’s just for all other GCSE exams. For stuff like maths, you would need a maths set etc. It might be worth asking your teacher if you are still unsure.
Reply 3
Original post by DancerGirl23
Thanks for your reply. I’ve got the basics covered, it’s just working out what to take to specific exams/papers. For example, for my exam board, my physics mocks required a protractor for Paper 2 but not for Paper 1. Do I take a protractor to both just in case or do I assume that I will only need a protractor for paper 2?

You’re probably right, and I’ll just take the full set.

I would take the full set just to be safe. Once you start your paper, you can’t leave the exam hall to get it out of your bag. If it’s a mock, I’m sure they’re very lenient however with real exams, they will not give chances.
Reply 4
Original post by DancerGirl23
Hi all,

I’m trying to gather the stationery I need for my exams but am a bit confused about how I should know what to take to each exam. Do I just look at past papers And take what they I need or should I just take a protractor, set of compasses etc to each maths/science exam just in case I need it? I wouldn’t be told NOT to have a protractor/set of compasses in exam if I didnt need it, would I?

Thanks!

this video tells you everything (also nice for small ytber support :wink: https://youtu.be/xX7cETO6cHY x

Quick Reply

Latest