The Student Room Group

I Need Some Help With Motavation

Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of things on my plate at the moment, (I'm Year 8 for Context). I'm self studying GCSE Computer Science, trying to start an online business, trying to workout more, and trying to get better at chess. I set myself goals and routines but I can never seem to stick to them. Any advice?
Reply 1
Have a written, colourful timetable with a sensible plan of how to use your time stuck up in your room and tick off as you achieve each stage.

Have you got proper guidance on how to legally start a business under the age of 18? You could be wasting unnecessary time on that.
Original post by EnigmaChess
Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of things on my plate at the moment, (I'm Year 8 for Context). I'm self studying GCSE Computer Science, trying to start an online business, trying to workout more, and trying to get better at chess. I set myself goals and routines but I can never seem to stick to them. Any advice?

For habits like working out, try to make it an easy thing to do - keep any equipment close and try to be flexible with timings. See if you can keep it fun, too. Maybe try riding a bike or swimming?

To start an online business, try and find a good mentor - don't underestimate the importance of someone who knows how it works. Or, try looking online for videos to get inspiration, too?

Lastly, try joining clubs for computing or try completing the iDEA Bronze award if your school offers that, and for chess see if there are any local clubs, or coaches maybe. Otherwise, try chess.com, chesskid and lichess with parental permission.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Everything you can get if you have the desired and passion towards your goals or achievements.. just concentrate at your target and goals ...

Quick Reply

Latest