The Student Room Group

2.2 to 2.1

At my university, a 2.1 is the grade of 70-79 average. With the average I have (62), I’m at a 2.2. Is it possible at all to increase my average to a 2.1 over the next 2 years? I would really love to study for an LLM but need a 2.1…

I was finally diagnosed with ADHD which explains why I was having trouble achieving the high grades I used to achieve when I was younger. I really want to turn it around but don’t know how! Any help would be appreciated
Original post by Anonymous
At my university, a 2.1 is the grade of 70-79 average. With the average I have (62), I’m at a 2.2. Is it possible at all to increase my average to a 2.1 over the next 2 years? I would really love to study for an LLM but need a 2.1…

I was finally diagnosed with ADHD which explains why I was having trouble achieving the high grades I used to achieve when I was younger. I really want to turn it around but don’t know how! Any help would be appreciated

Hi a 62 or 62% average isn’t a 2:2 it’s a 2:1 anything over 60 under 70 is a 2:1 and yes it is most certainly doable it just requires concentration, dedication, hard-work and consistency testing your motive too. In each and every single exam and coursework you do go beyond expectations and it works
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
What university is this? A grade in the 70-79 range should be a first, at least at every university I've ever come across.

This'll sound really obvious, but the only way to increase your average is simply to do better in your assessments. If your university operates like any other, the final two years of your course will carry the most weight, so if you get predominantly 2:1s from now on you should come out with a 2:1 average.
Reply 3
Original post by fedora34
What university is this? A grade in the 70-79 range should be a first, at least at every university I've ever come across.

This'll sound really obvious, but the only way to increase your average is simply to do better in your assessments. If your university operates like any other, the final two years of your course will carry the most weight, so if you get predominantly 2:1s from now on you should come out with a 2:1 average.

I study in Malta since my parents moved me to be with my mum’s family, but I plan on moving back to the UK to further my studies.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi a 62 or 62% average isn’t a 2:2 it’s a 2:1 anything over 60 under 70 is a 2:1 and yes it is most certainly doable it just requires concentration, dedication, hard-work and consistency testing your motive too. In each and every single exam and coursework you do go beyond expectations and it works

Original post by fedora34

This is not universally the case and is ultimately down to the university's policies.

The Open Uni in the UK for example has 70-79% as being a 2:1 equivalent normally for example.

While it is true most UK brick unis follow the convention of 60-69% being a 2:1 and above that being a 1st, this can't be assumed.

Evidently in Malta they have a different format for grading.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
This is not universally the case and is ultimately down to the university's policies.

The Open Uni in the UK for example has 70-79% as being a 2:1 equivalent normally for example.

While it is true most UK brick unis follow the convention of 60-69% being a 2:1 and above that being a 1st, this can't be assumed.

Evidently in Malta they have a different format for grading.

Yeah and our degrees are longer. I just wanted advice on the best way to up my grade in university
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah and our degrees are longer. I just wanted advice on the best way to up my grade in university

Give it your all in assessments whilst the briefing and criteria outlines the bare minimum go further use your researching skills to add more show that you understood to what it is the person that’s assessing your assessment wants…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending