The Student Room Group

used car prices

Hi guys,

any thoughts on when used car prices will start to drop to normal levels?
Hard to say, this might just be the new normal. Chip shortages are supposed to clear up over the next year but I wouldn't count too much on people passing the savings on quickly, and rising energy markets will be affecting cost of production, Given we are banning the sale of new petrol/diesel powered cars from 2030 and most still cant afford or use electric it seems likely used vehicles will hold their value more going forward. High bills, low investment return, stagnant wages, inflation etc, all these things put many people off big purchases so they will hold onto their old car longer so less cars going on to the supply the user market.
Original post by StriderHort
Hard to say, this might just be the new normal. Chip shortages are supposed to clear up over the next year but I wouldn't count too much on people passing the savings on quickly, and rising energy markets will be affecting cost of production, Given we are banning the sale of new petrol/diesel powered cars from 2030 and most still cant afford or use electric it seems likely used vehicles will hold their value more going forward. High bills, low investment return, stagnant wages, inflation etc, all these things put many people off big purchases so they will hold onto their old car longer so less cars going on to the supply the user market.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending