The Student Room Group

Only half painted brake callipers

So I got my brake callipers painted red and I paid £192 for all 4 which was a fair bit I believe. I got the car back and only half the calliper is painted, it’s the half which is facing outward but if you get closer you can see only half of it is painted. I’m not sure if this is common practice but was it seems they done was to paint it whilst still being on the car which meant the half is unpainted.

You can only notice when you go close to them but you can see it and they also got some paint on one of my brake discs.

I just wanted to know is this common practice and too be expected for calliper painting or am I looking into it too much?
Reply 1
For nearly £200 I'd personally expect the entire caliber to be painted, not just what's visible, and what you said about paint being on the disks is frankly diabolical, might be worth asking the person who did it if they could paint the rest?

Put it this way, I painted the calibers of one of my cars for £7 - the price of the tin of paint. I didn't bother painting the entire caliper. I'd expect a professional to paint the entire caliper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending