The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

imperial lectures

any imperial students know if they are going to all still be online in the year starting from september 2023? don’t think it’s worth it if i’m paying loads just to be learning from my laptop all day
Seeing as the WHO has ended the COVID emergency status (not to mention the UK government stopped almost any kind of restrictions a long time ago anyway) I doubt they would maintain a full online course format. I'd be surprised if they have still maintained it this academic year actually.
(edited 11 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Seeing as the WHO has ended the COVID emergency status (not to mention the UK government stopped almost any kind of restrictions a long time ago anyway) I doubt they would maintain a full online course format. I'd be surprised if they have still maintained it this academic year actually.

at my offer holders day they said it was fully online lectures this year, and they only went in for labs/workshops etc. really hope it’s in person next year.
Original post by Anonymous
at my offer holders day they said it was fully online lectures this year, and they only went in for labs/workshops etc. really hope it’s in person next year.

What course was that, Chemistry ? Turns out that the chemistry students apparently asked that much of the course stay on line post Covid. For other courses like Physics it is 95% back to in person, there are one or two staff who asked to continue remote for self isolation reasons. Most lectures and all labs, tutorials etc are in person.

Copying in @sinhoh who was / is (?) a Physics student there who might give some more insight.

BTW Imperial is as far as I know the only UK university who kept real physical lab work going over Covid by making Chemistry and Physics experimental packages and shipping them all over the world to students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending