The Student Room Group

Last chance maths exam.

My A level exams are coming up soon and this sounds stupid but I've not passed my gcse maths yet because I've never been able to remember any of the stuff I revise and I just shut down because of the stress during the exam and I have this last chance in the form of 3 papers with 2 being calculator coming in about a week and I'm terrified that I won't be able to pass it and have to finish secondary school without a maths gcse and this may harm my chances of the uni I got a place in taking it back because of this. What should I do?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
if a pass is rlly important to you then i recommend just doing as many past-papers as you can in the next week but if ur not that bothered then i would say for us on your a level subjects as they are more likely to determine ur future/career
Original post by Guitar_Nerd
My A level exams are coming up soon and this sounds stupid but I've not passed my gcse maths yet because I've never been able to remember any of the stuff I revise and I just shut down because of the stress during the exam and I have this last chance in the form of 3 papers with 2 being calculator coming in about a week and I'm terrified that I won't be able to pass it and have to finish secondary school without a maths gcse and this may harm my chances of the uni I got a place in taking it back because of this. What should I do?

Do a lot of practice. There are plenty of channels on YouTube that will give you assistance with any type of question that you’re struggling with, and if you search up the questions, there’ll be tons of PDFs dedicated to topics like simultaneous equations, functions and the like. These will familiarise you with any related question. Practise these until you can’t get it wrong.

Then, try doing past papers with less time (like 80 minutes instead of 90) to emulate the pressure towards the end and help you handle the real thing better. If there’s a question you don’t understand at first, look away from it, breathe, and think about what it’s asking. If it requires a formula, write the formula down. Think back to how you solved questions in practice and determine whether or not the question is similar. If you’re completely stuck, solve the question as far as you can and move on.

Remember that it is perfectly fine to leave questions until the end. There is nothing wrong with getting a few questions wrong. However, if you try to maximise the marks that you can get from those questions, you will pass.
Reply 3
Original post by Guitar_Nerd

https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports try passport 2

MathsMadeEasy: https://mmerevise.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/ pick your board and then revision/past papers

Quick Reply

Latest