The Student Room Group

Watermelon piece stuck in my throat 😣

Hi so I was eating a watermelon not paying too much attention to my bite sizes and I have had past episodes of choking before but this was after quite a long time. I still feel it stuck in my throat and it feels like it’s still there but some ppl say it’s just that sensation of thinking it’s there when it’s not. But I don’t know what didn’t help is that a saw an article of a Singapore patient who choked on a watermelon and died and the watermelon was 3cm long and 1.5cm thick. Unfortunately there isn’t any fizzy i can consume otherwise Coca Cola is the goat in situations like this. I’m meant to be sutdying but got caught up on this and chucked the rest of the watermelon away. I also did burp a few times though I’m able to breathe too but obviously when I panicked I couldn’t catch my breath. So fun…
Why are you posting about this on TSR?

Call 111 if you are concerned that you have something stuck in your throat.
Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with choking on a watermelon. It's understandable that you're feeling concerned and a bit shaken up by it. It's important to remember that feeling like something is stuck in your throat can sometimes be a residual sensation even after the object has passed. However, if you're still feeling uncomfortable or worried, it might be a good idea to seek medical advice to ensure everything is alright. They can provide you with proper guidance and reassurance. In the meantime, try to stay calm and focus on your studies, and remember to take small, manageable bites when eating to prevent any further incidents.
If you can still breathe and talk you should be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by WhoStoleMyName?
Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with choking on a watermelon. It's understandable that you're feeling concerned and a bit shaken up by it. It's important to remember that feeling like something is stuck in your throat can sometimes be a residual sensation even after the object has passed. However, if you're still feeling uncomfortable or worried, it might be a good idea to seek medical advice to ensure everything is alright. They can provide you with proper guidance and reassurance. In the meantime, try to stay calm and focus on your studies, and remember to take small, manageable bites when eating to prevent any further incidents.

Thansk yes it was a horrible experience! I’m feel quite better now and yeah I totally will focus on my bites next time!
Reply 5
Original post by Bookworm524
If you can still breathe and talk you should be fine.

true so thanks!
I get this a lot with fruit usually eating something dense like a sandwich or just read an help kind of dislodge it or push it down fizz can often help too I sometimes get a “plug of food stuck that’s horrible it hurts so much and often times I bring it up if that happens I got some tomato stuck in Spain last year an that was horrible until I managed to get rid of it.
Reply 7
Original post by jonathanemptage
I get this a lot with fruit usually eating something dense like a sandwich or just read an help kind of dislodge it or push it down fizz can often help too I sometimes get a “plug of food stuck that’s horrible it hurts so much and often times I bring it up if that happens I got some tomato stuck in Spain last year an that was horrible until I managed to get rid of it.

sorry for replying later but thansk for the advice! so glad someone can relate and yeah its horrible 😔

Quick Reply

Latest