The Student Room Group

Head girl application

This is my boarding head girl application letter for the new school I joined last September, please read and let me know what you think :smile:

Dear Mr (My Teacher),

This is my application entailing why you should consider me to be the ( my school ) head girl of 2024.

Firstly, why do I want to be a head girl? From a young age roles in leadership have always strongly resonated with me, as early as year five I have had roles such as; school council, boarding council, peer listening, student mentor, charity rep and lab technician. These roles did not only teach me assertiveness and how to take initiative but also empathy and compassion. Making an impact on the lives of others has always been very important to me. Growing up I watched the joy that being a head girl brought to my sister and how rewarding it was for her. Another set of people who inspired me are (current head boy) and (current head girl). I remember during my first couple of weeks at (my school), (current head boy) and (current head girl) went around to all the new students and introduced themselves and got to know them. This set the tone for boarding as a welcoming community. I hope to have that same impression on people as they have had on me.

So why do I think I am fit for the role? I am an excellent communicator and listener. I am understanding, resilient and resourceful, and I am also a quick learner. I don’t consider the role of a head girl to be a fancy title but a responsibility to positively benefit the lives of those around you. Having boarded since I was eleven years old at three different schools, I have developed a variety of knowledge about different boarding communities and it has greatly moulded the person I am today. My goal is for the boarding students to create lifelong memories and look back at their time at (my school) with thoughts of happiness and nostalgia. After moving back to England from (my home country) I understand what it is like to feel like you are losing a part of yourself being away from home, which is why I would love to create an environment for all students to be expressive and the best versions of themselves they can be.

Although I have only been a boarder at (my school) for a short period, I feel that my experience makes me qualified for the role. I would love the opportunity to show the impact I can have.
Original post by Anonymous #1
This is my boarding head girl application letter for the new school I joined last September, please read and let me know what you think :smile:

Dear Mr (My Teacher),

This is my application entailing why you should consider me to be the ( my school ) head girl of 2024.

Firstly, why do I want to be a head girl? From a young age roles in leadership have always strongly resonated with me, as early as year five I have had roles such as; school council, boarding council, peer listening, student mentor, charity rep and lab technician. These roles did not only teach me assertiveness and how to take initiative but also empathy and compassion. Making an impact on the lives of others has always been very important to me. Growing up I watched the joy that being a head girl brought to my sister and how rewarding it was for her. Another set of people who inspired me are (current head boy) and (current head girl). I remember during my first couple of weeks at (my school), (current head boy) and (current head girl) went around to all the new students and introduced themselves and got to know them. This set the tone for boarding as a welcoming community. I hope to have that same impression on people as they have had on me.

So why do I think I am fit for the role? I am an excellent communicator and listener. I am understanding, resilient and resourceful, and I am also a quick learner. I don’t consider the role of a head girl to be a fancy title but a responsibility to positively benefit the lives of those around you. Having boarded since I was eleven years old at three different schools, I have developed a variety of knowledge about different boarding communities and it has greatly moulded the person I am today. My goal is for the boarding students to create lifelong memories and look back at their time at (my school) with thoughts of happiness and nostalgia. After moving back to England from (my home country) I understand what it is like to feel like you are losing a part of yourself being away from home, which is why I would love to create an environment for all students to be expressive and the best versions of themselves they can be.

Although I have only been a boarder at (my school) for a short period, I feel that my experience makes me qualified for the role. I would love the opportunity to show the impact I can have.
Hiya I was the head girl of my school and this is what I would say,

I think you could expand on the skills you have gained from other leadership positions, I also wouldn't include any negative points such as 'although I have only been a border here for a short time' because you do not want to highlight any negative points. There are also quite a few punctuation and grammar issues so I would double check that. Your 2nd paragraph is defo stronger.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending