The Student Room Group

Why girls play hard to get?

Why girls often play this type of games with guys?
Original post by Kvns

Because there are other players in the field, male players :wink: A pretty girl will almost certainly have many. However she can only pick one (usually) so when single & free she will distance those she is least interested in and allow closer those she is more interested in, likely the pretty boys or possibly rich boys.

If she is seeing others she'll again distance guys who she isn't that interested in. Possibly if nothing much is happening with a guy she was interested in she might lose interest and instead get interested in another guy. That's my take on it as a guy anyway.
(edited 2 years ago)
People play all sorts of 'games' in social interaction. One reason for this particular tradition is the suggestion that someone is easy, or of low moral virtue if they succumb too easily to sexual advances.
Reply 3
I personally haven’t done this but I would imagine it’s a psychological thing. If the guy is into you enough to chase after you even if you play hard to get, it might prove that he really likes you and therefore is worth it.
I think it is to not show the guy how much you like them early in the relationship. I sometime do this, but it is normally to a guy I really like, it is fun, because for me I see it as tease kinda thing. Like obviously there will be hints that I would show that I like him, and that I am only interested in him, it depends how the girl plays it really. There is a way to play hard to get, to the point you plan to be with the guy/girl, but honestly if they don't, then that is literally a waste of time and harsh to the other person
I agree with the above accept I think a lot of girls, generally the pretty girls don't care about being harsh to the guy, they have never been in that position. To a pretty girl most guys are just another number, they don't care or consider the guys feelings there are literally loads of guys that will agree with being in a relationship with them tommorow, their world is sorted so that's all they care about.
(edited 2 years ago)
To avoid being seen as desperate or easy.
Some girls are not playing; they get lots of male attention & date offers and are very demanding individuals with quite high standards.
Original post by Kvns

Depends on the girl, but for me I will sometimes hold back on expressing how I feel about a guy because I want to feel like I am worth it for him to muster up the courage and make the first move. Although I understand why guys don’t because there are so many shallow girls these days and they don’t want to get brutally rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending