The Student Room Group

Should I follow my heart's career, or my head's?

Hey. I'm 16, turning 17 in May, and I decided not to go to sixth form. I did college for a month because my dream was to do an Art course and then do Animation at Uni. I wanted to work at Cartoon Network Studios and become a cartoonist. I left College, because it was incredibly unserious, though now I think I should have stayed. I started a Dental Nursing apprenticeship but I regret it because it's so different from my usual interests. I hate it so badly and dread having to drag myself to work every day.
Now, I'm looking for a new apprenticeship because I want to stay in work and keep earning money but there aren't a lot of creative Music or Art apprenticeships. I'm afraid that if I do another course, I will be ruining my opportunity at getting a solid career. After all, the arts is pretty competitive and hard to make a living in. I'm so lost right now and so unhappy. Any advice?
Follow your heart

Find out what you enjoy doing and do that. If you enjoy it you’ll work hard at it. If you work hard at it you’ll get good at it. If you get good at it then someone will pay you to do it.

You may never get rich doing it but there’s more to life than money. Being happy is far more important (so long as you can pay the bills)
Reply 2
Original post by Johnny Valentine
Follow your heart

Find out what you enjoy doing and do that. If you enjoy it you’ll work hard at it. If you work hard at it you’ll get good at it. If you get good at it then someone will pay you to do it.

You may never get rich doing it but there’s more to life than money. Being happy is far more important (so long as you can pay the bills)

thanks for the quick reply! i really really needed to hear this. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending