The Student Room Group

Completing Alevel after a huge gap

Hello y'all. I am really really confused and demotivated right now.
A little backstory: I am not from the UK. I was done with my olevels back in 2017. Due to some issues I will be completing my alevels in 2023( I will turn 22 next April). I was a good student . Received research grants and went on fully funded exchange programs as well. I am currently doing ACCA (hopefully will be done with it mid of 2024) because of my parents insistence. I want to apply to law school (llb) in UK. The reasons for such a huge gap was my exchange program , Financial abuse from my parents and I have been diagnosed with ADHD but my family is against the diagnosis (refuse to pay for the medicine or therapy).
Main Question: How bad will my application look in front of admissions? The tuition fee is not an issue as I run a semi successful small business for 4 months now.
Heyyy I think you can do whatever you put your mind to, by what I've read I can tell you are very determined and hopeful and I pray that it all goes well. Sorry to hear about your parents' take on your diagnosis. There must be at least one university that takes you in, those can also be considered extenuating circumstances so I feel like I can promise you that you will be alright :smile: it's better to try than to give up anyways x
Reply 2
Original post by annetteokeke
Heyyy I think you can do whatever you put your mind to, by what I've read I can tell you are very determined and hopeful and I pray that it all goes well. Sorry to hear about your parents' take on your diagnosis. There must be at least one university that takes you in, those can also be considered extenuating circumstances so I feel like I can promise you that you will be alright :smile: it's better to try than to give up anyways x

Thank you for the kind words. The reason I took so much time is also due to the fact that cie exams are really expensive in my country. I have managed to save just the right amount for the upcoming session. I would be really disappointed if after all this struggle I still am not able to get into a good law university
Oh no 🥹 don't worry, you will be fine, just try your best if it is meant for you it will happen. Update me on here on how it goes
How much are the ADHD meds? I’ve heard they can be expensive monthly subscriptions tbf. Why can’t you just pay for them yourself?
Reply 5
Original post by LawStudent456
How much are the ADHD meds? I’ve heard they can be expensive monthly subscriptions tbf. Why can’t you just pay for them yourself?

I actually bought them secretly but they were found out. My parents threw them away. They said I was looking for an excuse to be sick. Also my father has family insurance. Without the insurance the medicine costs 5x the initial cost.
Original post by Big Apple
I actually bought them secretly but they were found out. My parents threw them away. They said I was looking for an excuse to be sick. Also my father has family insurance. Without the insurance the medicine costs 5x the initial cost.

That is horrible omg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending