The Student Room Group

gcse italian

Hey guys i did my gcse italian reading exam today and I'm sooo ****ed off that i missed a mark that was asking to translate a country: PAESI BASSI in English i did not know how to say paesi bassi in inglish so i just wrote paesi bassi for the questions asking where the girl wanted to travel...
HELP WOULD I STILL GET THE MARK ?? OR IS IT COMPULSORY TO TRANSLATE NAMES OF COYNTRIES.
i just searched it up nd its the netherlands dw even if they do take the mark off it wouldn be a massve difference
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
I did my exam last year in year 10 (per fortuna chiaramente) I did is as a community language because I speak italian at home and got a 9 in everything. Now it seems like you are asking about whether you should translate names of countries and by that I think you mean like Italy -> italia ? In terms of paesi bassi since you arent referring to a specific country I assume you would've had to translate it the same way you would've translated anything else perhaps into something like countries in the south or southern countries for 'paesi bassi'
Reply 3
correction, I take back what ive just said, My mum says 'i paesi bassi' refers to the nordic countries like netherlands, in which case I'm not sure anymore. I've never heard that term before and would've been just as lost as you were.

Original post by bluefish071
I did my exam last year in year 10 (per fortuna chiaramente) I did is as a community language because I speak italian at home and got a 9 in everything. Now it seems like you are asking about whether you should translate names of countries and by that I think you mean like Italy -> italia ? In terms of paesi bassi since you arent referring to a specific country I assume you would've had to translate it the same way you would've translated anything else perhaps into something like countries in the south or southern countries for 'paesi bassi'
Reply 4
Original post by bluefish071

The Paesi bassi is a specific country, literally translated the low country ie the Netherlands and absolutely nothing to do with the Nordic countries which are Sweden, Norway etc.But whatever, I can’t imagine that you would lose much for not knowing.In French it’s the Pays bas
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest