The Student Room Group

MFL GCSEs

Hi.
I’m choosing my GCSEs in a couple of weeks.
I did Spanish from yr7-9 so I would like to carry on with it for my GCSEs however I also want to do Italian as a second MFL. I do have know some Italian quite well but I just need to brush up on it a little bit. I can read and understand what I read and almost translate it word by word but my speaking is not that good. I want to do both Spanish and Italian but I’m worried about mixing both languages up in speaking and writing exams as they are quite similar and have similar words. Should I do both languages or should I choose one?
Original post by f8_
Hi.
I did Spanish from yr7-9 so I would like to carry on with it for my GCSEs however I also want to do Italian as a second MFL. I do have know some Italian quite well but I just need to brush up on it a little bit. I can read and understand what I read and almost translate it word by word but my speaking is not that good. I want to do both Spanish and Italian but I’m worried about mixing both languages up in speaking and writing exams as they are quite similar and have similar words. Should I do both languages or should I choose one?

I would probably do both as you seem confident with both of the languages and you have two years to improve both. It would probably be a matter of practise in terms of not confusing the two.
Original post by f8_
Hi.

you seem like you know what you're doing, I reckon doing both could be pretty good!! in terms of mixing them up, I think you'll be fine - I have a friend who did GCSE French but also speaks Spanish and she didn't have any issues in terms of mixing up aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending