The Student Room Group

Skipped a red light

Passed a red light after waiting for 3-4min. The temporary light seemed not to be working. The light was left Facing but red.The cars from the second exit and the third exit had all left and emptied. After waiting 3 -4mins no change of light. Two cars now behind me. So I proceeded slowly to the road about. No car on my right so I went through the roundabout. On the second exit there was only one car waiting, and the third exit no car, but noted the light was amber. Now I am afraid that I may get a ticket. Should I have waited longer?. I am a new driver.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Very unlikely you will get a ticket as they don't tend to monitor temporary traffic lights, they are just set up for short periods and then moved on. So you have nothing to worry about.

But for safety reasons you need to be real careful especially on temporary three way traffic lights as you can get a rush of traffic that has been waiting. Last thing you want is a traffic accident. What's waiting even another 10mins compared to that? Drive safe.

Take care
Reply 2
Thank you. Definitely need to be more careful and patient.

Quick Reply

Latest