The Student Room Group

Red light camera

So, today, less than a week after passing my test, I stupidly went through a red light while mistakenly thinking I didn't have time to stop for it.

There was 100% a red light camera on the opposite side of the road and the light was defiantly red as I crossed the line, albeit only about half a second or so after the light went red.

My question is; can the camera catch you on the opposite side of the road? and how does this all work?
Original post by 54ad65c4a6d
So, today, less than a week after passing my test, I stupidly went through a red light while mistakenly thinking I didn't have time to stop for it.

There was 100% a red light camera on the opposite side of the road and the light was defiantly red as I crossed the line, albeit only about half a second or so after the light went red.

My question is; can the camera catch you on the opposite side of the road? and how does this all work?

I believe the cameras only monitor one set of lights each, so most often there is a set in either direction. There should be a camera sign on the approach if the lights you went through are enforced.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
I believe the cameras only monitor one set of lights each, so most often there is a set in either direction. There should be a camera sign on the approach if the lights you went through are enforced.

There wasn't one on my side of the road at all, only the one on the opposite side
Original post by 54ad65c4a6d
There wasn't one on my side of the road at all, only the one on the opposite side

Then you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending