The Student Room Group

i am in yr 11 but i am still unsure of what i want to pick for a levels

so i am currently in year 11 sitting my gcses and i am still not sure with what id like to take for a levels

i do have some sort of idea
i would like to do economics. but i don't know if the other 2 subjects id like to do would suit for me to get into a good uni later. id like to do sociology and history. but i don't know if i should takes maths instead of history. i don't love maths and i don't hate it. my grade right now in maths is a 6b but i don't know whether or not i should pick maths
Reply 1
Original post by hafsaaaaaaaaa
so i am currently in year 11 sitting my gcses and i am still not sure with what id like to take for a levels

i do have some sort of idea
i would like to do economics. but i don't know if the other 2 subjects id like to do would suit for me to get into a good uni later. id like to do sociology and history. but i don't know if i should takes maths instead of history. i don't love maths and i don't hate it. my grade right now in maths is a 6b but i don't know whether or not i should pick maths

Not speaking from experience but I have friends who are doing Maths A level currently (year 12 like me) and they got 8s and 9s and still they find it hard. You may be set on A levels but have you looked at BTEC or T levels? Just a suggestion. Before I found my BTEC I was going to do Biology, English Lang and Criminology. I truthfully think that it doesn't really matter what A levels you do unless you are planning to do a course in a top university. So pick something you enjoy even if you don't think that a university will approve or pick something you want to do that matches with a future study/job. Again I'm not an expert as I'm doing a different qualification, but bare my thoughts in mind. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest