The Student Room Group

Do i qualify for student finance

I am just about to complete my foundation degree and will be registered as a nursing associate with the NMC. This has been completed as an apprenticeship. If i wanted to continue to top up my degree to a honours degree but would need to self fund this, would i be eligible for a help with the tuition fees?
Hi there. How many years have you studied previously? For the top up, can you confirm the full name of the new course and university? Will the new course be full time or part time? How many year will it be? When does the new course start?

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Hi Leah, Thank you for replying.
I am currently at plymouth university, i qualify in July 2024 for my foundation degree, this is a 2 year course. This is a workplace apprenticeship. Unfortunately my workplace can not continue with funding my training. So this is why i am now looking at whether i can undertake this independently.
I am looking at completing Nursing (Adult Health) BSc (Hons) top up (shortened course) at University of Plymouth, which is a full time course lasting 18 months. This is due to me already completing some of the course content in my foundation degree.
I am looking at applying in Jan 2025 and starting the course in Dec 2025 although the course will start in the Sep 2025, i have already done some of the units in my current course so will start later.
I just want to know whether i would be able to qualify for funding of tuition and maintenance before i apply for the course as i have 2 children to support whilst trying to do this.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks
Becky
Thanks. Do you have a course code for this one at the University of Plymouth? I cannot check the 2025 ones yet since they won't be out.

We have a system we share with the university where they update the courses we fund, but I'm looking back at previous years to see if it's funded and I cannot find any with those details? It does have to be an eligible course for us to fund it.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Thanks. Do you have a course code for this one at the University of Plymouth? I cannot check the 2025 ones yet since they won't be out.

We have a system we share with the university where they update the courses we fund, but I'm looking back at previous years to see if it's funded and I cannot find any with those details? It does have to be an eligible course for us to fund it.

Thanks, Leah.
Hi Leah
The UCAS course code is B741 and the institution code is P60

Thanks becky.
Thanks. So, this course is showing as a 3 Years, full time, Batchelors Degree with Honours. Is that correct?

Are you entering directly into the 2nd year?

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Thanks. So, this course is showing as a 3 Years, full time, Batchelors Degree with Honours. Is that correct?

Are you entering directly into the 2nd year?

Thanks, Leah.
Yes that is correct.
Thanks. This is an exception course, so we do not take previous study into account for this, and you would be fully funded.

Please be advised this is general advice, as the 2025 courses are not out yet, I can't fully confirm it will be funded by us until they have updated them on our system. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Thanks. This is an exception course, so we do not take previous study into account for this, and you would be fully funded.

Please be advised this is general advice, as the 2025 courses are not out yet, I can't fully confirm it will be funded by us until they have updated them on our system. Thanks, Leah.
Hi Leah

Thanks for the information and all your help with this, it's really appreciated.
Thanks becky
Original post by beckyg43
Hi Leah

Thanks for the information and all your help with this, it's really appreciated.
Thanks becky
You're welcome Becky!
Keep an eye on our website for when the applications open in 2025 and apply as soon as they do.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending