The Student Room Group

Mature student?

Hi

What is the actual definition of mature student for university in UK? If I finish my A levels by the age of 19, will I be a mature student?

Any response is appreciated
Original post by Shubham9548
Hi

What is the actual definition of mature student for university in UK? If I finish my A levels by the age of 19, will I be a mature student?

Any response is appreciated

Hi @Shubham9548,
A mature student is categorized on UCAS as someone aged 21 or older, so you’re not a mature student at age 19.
I didn’t start university until I was 20, and I can’t say I’ve noticed an obvious difference between me and my friends who are 18/19.

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Shubham9548,
A mature student is categorized on UCAS as someone aged 21 or older, so you’re not a mature student at age 19.
I didn’t start university until I was 20, and I can’t say I’ve noticed an obvious difference between me and my friends who are 18/19.

Hope this helps,
Emily

Hi Emily

Thank you so much for confirming. if you don't mind, can I ask what course are you doing at BCU? If you are doing masters, let me know what undergraduate degree you did
Original post by Shubham9548
Hi Emily

Thank you so much for confirming. if you don't mind, can I ask what course are you doing at BCU? If you are doing masters, let me know what undergraduate degree you did

Hi @Shubham9548,

No problem at all! I've actually just finished my First Year studying BA Fashion Design at BCU. Are you looking at undergraduate courses yourself?
Any questions you have about BCU, or just university in general just let me know.

Emily
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Shubham9548,

No problem at all! I've actually just finished my First Year studying BA Fashion Design at BCU. Are you looking at undergraduate courses yourself?
Any questions you have about BCU, or just university in general just let me know.

Emily

Hi Emily

I am thinking of doing economics bsc but not sure whether at bcu or any other uni.
If you have any friends from other courses such as accounting, finance or economics or any other related areas, I would love to hear their experience regarding the course especially the difference between A levels and uni.

Anyways, how is your course going. Would it be ok if I ask what A levels/Btecs you did and the grade you achieved (its completely fine if you dont wanna share your grade)
Hi @Shubham9548,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I’m not too sure I know anyone studying a similar course, but I’ll link the Faculty of Business page below so you can have a look in more detail about your courses…
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/business-law-and-social-sciences

I would also recommend booking yourself onto an open day, or trying an applicant taster day if you apply for BCU as there’s nothing better than experiencing the university in person and being able to meet tutors and staff to help with your decision.

My course is going well, thank you. On a general level, I can recommend BCU for many reasons. The student support has been great since the start, there’s plenty of resources - especially in the library which is one of my favorite places on campus. As well as there being a great student life too.

I studied History, Drama, Art and German for A Level at sixth form, and then went on to do an Art and Design Foundation year before starting uni, which really helped me to choose fashion and to build a successful application for university.

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending