The Student Room Group

Spotify student discount?

I'm in Year 13, and have a current Spotify account with well over 150 playlists on it and I have been paying for my own Spotify for several months now. I have looked into being able to get the student discount when I go to uni as £9.99 a month is a lot to shell out - I'm not working at the moment because of A Levels and even still, only have a part time job - and don't want to keep paying that much when I go to uni. The problem is that Spotify specify that you can't get the student discount if you've already had Premium (which seems totally ridiculous to me). I don't really want to make a new account and have to transfer over all my playlists and lose all my friends on Spotify in one go - anyone got a solution for this? My current plan is just to get in touch with Spotify and see how I go.
Wait that's not true. They have restrictions that if you've had spotify premium in the past you can't get any discounts from promotions but this is different cuz they have a plan specifically for students. You can just switch onto the student discount plan on your account - they'll get you to log in to your uni account/email to verify that you are a uni student but it should be fine. It worked for me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kaorimiyazono
Wait that's not true. They have restrictions that if you've had spotify premium in the past you can't get any discounts from promotions but this is different cuz they have a plan specifically for students. You can just switch onto the student discount plan on your account - they'll get you to log in to your uni account/email to verify that you are a uni student but it should be fine. It worked for me :smile:

You know what I think you're right. I just double checked and there's a 1 month free promo on top of the discount and they're a little unclear about it but it's the 1 month free that isn't available to people who already had premium. Thanks so much
Original post by soupstore
You know what I think you're right. I just double checked and there's a 1 month free promo on top of the discount and they're a little unclear about it but it's the 1 month free that isn't available to people who already had premium. Thanks so much

Np :smile:
Yeah student discount on spotify is available for i think 5 a month. you just need to verify your student status
Hey There,

Thanks for sharing your experience!!!

I totally get the struggle with the Spotify student discount policy. It does seem a bit tricky, but reaching out to Spotify support is a good move. Hopefully, they can help you transition smoothly to the student plan without losing your playlists and friends...

Best of luck, and enjoy your Premium Spotify on your Mac!!

Best Regards!
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending