The Student Room Group

alevel computerscience

my cs exams (ocr) are in like 2 weeks and i still get lost when i see like hard psuedocode algorithm questions
im still doing a bunch but there’s the occasional 6/5 marker i get that i get completely lost on how to approach/can’t do. im so worried i’ll be super unlucky and get a question like that on the paper

i need an A and the boundaries are high imo so i have to do really good on those questions

does anyone have any sort of tips that worked/is working for them for cs alevel, anyhting i could do or any recourses online😵*💫

thank u in advance
Original post by hihihihihuhh
my cs exams (ocr) are in like 2 weeks and i still get lost when i see like hard psuedocode algorithm questions
im still doing a bunch but there’s the occasional 6/5 marker i get that i get completely lost on how to approach/can’t do. im so worried i’ll be super unlucky and get a question like that on the paper

i need an A and the boundaries are high imo so i have to do really good on those questions

does anyone have any sort of tips that worked/is working for them for cs alevel, anyhting i could do or any recourses online😵*💫

thank u in advance

Pseudocode is really easy in OCR. What are you stuck on?
Reply 2
Original post by anonymoususerUK
Pseudocode is really easy in OCR. What are you stuck on?

I guess merge sort and quicksort pseudocode, i’m not sure if we would be told to ever write those from scratch i really hope not

and just random general complex algorithms i find and i sort of get after going through the mark scheme but i probably wouldn’t think of & write as well, i normally can scrape like 2/6 marks if it’s super hard idk
Reply 3
Original post by hihihihihuhh
I guess merge sort and quicksort pseudocode, i’m not sure if we would be told to ever write those from scratch i really hope not

and just random general complex algorithms i find and i sort of get after going through the mark scheme but i probably wouldn’t think of & write as well, i normally can scrape like 2/6 marks if it’s super hard idk

Memorise them. Your meant to know them, they don't just expect you to be able to do it off the top of your head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending