The Student Room Group

UOTC Medical Requirements

I’ve been in the Combined Cadet Force for 6 years while at school and would like to continue this interest at uni. The only problem is that I tore my ACL playing rugby a few years ago, which would disqualify me from normal reserve/regular service. Is this also the case for UOTC or another branch such as the University Naval Unit/Air Squadron, or are the medical requirements for these more lax since they don’t operationally deploy?
Reply 1
Service medical entry standards apply to the University branches too, as you'll be doing training and adventurous training. However, advice is always to apply and see what happens, same as is recommended on the TSR Armed Forces forum for would-be military candidates:
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply