The Student Room Group

Procrastination

Hi, so I've started to procrastinate a lot recently. I've always been bad for it, but lately it's gotten a lot worse. This couldn't have happened at a worse time either. I'm in the middle of my A levels at the minute, and I just feel paralysed. The thing is, I WANT to do the work, I need to do really well in these exams to get into the uni I have firmed, but it's like there's some kind of mental block when I sit down to work. I have a strong work ethic, I'm willing to work hard, so I don't really understand why this is happening. I'm assuming it's something related to stress, as I start to get really anxious when I revise. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get over this?
Thank you!
Reply 1
I’d recommend making a revision timetable and allocate an amount of work you have to do for each day so it seems more manageable and you won’t feel like there’s a ton of revision you have to do. And also make sure to give urself breaks and do stuff u enjoy
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I've started to procrastinate a lot recently. I've always been bad for it, but lately it's gotten a lot worse. This couldn't have happened at a worse time either. I'm in the middle of my A levels at the minute, and I just feel paralysed. The thing is, I WANT to do the work, I need to do really well in these exams to get into the uni I have firmed, but it's like there's some kind of mental block when I sit down to work. I have a strong work ethic, I'm willing to work hard, so I don't really understand why this is happening. I'm assuming it's something related to stress, as I start to get really anxious when I revise. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get over this?
Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous I get where you are coming from during my first semester at University this year I had the exact same issue. What helped me was creating a timetable with each of my topics and allocated time for each session I also penciled in any socials I had for the week, this was like a reward for completing my revision. As well as this I started to go into the Library on Campus this really helped me get into a productive state of mind rather than in my bedroom. Finally I would power off your phone, this was my biggest distraction as I would scroll through social media instead of completing my assignments. I know its hard and seems like nothing is working but keep trying you are nearly there. Good Luck with your A-Levels and hopefully you get the grades you needs. Hope This Helps!

Gurpej(Student Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending