The Student Room Group

RE GCSE

I felt like I failed the first one so bad and now am terrified for the second one. I need a grade 6 to get into my school. But I feel like I handled the first one so bad, I put like 3-4 points per 12 marker and wrote a one sentence conclusion. am I ****ed???
Reply 1
Original post by butter:)
I felt like I failed the first one so bad and now am terrified for the second one. I need a grade 6 to get into my school. But I feel like I handled the first one so bad, I put like 3-4 points per 12 marker and wrote a one sentence conclusion. am I ****ed???

How far did you develop your points?
Reply 2
Original post by alexiia
How far did you develop your points?

I can’t remember too well but I think I did analyse them a bit it was approximately a page and a bit for each 12 marker
Reply 3
Original post by butter:)
I can’t remember too well but I think I did analyse them a bit it was approximately a page and a bit for each 12 marker

If you had well-reasoned arguments and were critical throughout, that can make up for a short conclusion. If you are happy with your 4/5 markers there no reason why you can't get a 6!

I would just focus on tomorrow including layered arguments and being critical throughout saying if the arguments are convincing or not etc. Try your best to get a developed conclusion in but if you can't then try to argue your point of view clearly throughout.
Reply 4
Original post by alexiia
If you had well-reasoned arguments and were critical throughout, that can make up for a short conclusion. If you are happy with your 4/5 markers there no reason why you can't get a 6!

I would just focus on tomorrow including layered arguments and being critical throughout saying if the arguments are convincing or not etc. Try your best to get a developed conclusion in but if you can't then try to argue your point of view clearly throughout.

Thank you so much for your advice, definitely made my mind a bit more at ease. 👍

Quick Reply

Latest