The Student Room Group

Determinism in the Cognitive Approach

Does anyone have any good examples of determinism in the cognitive approach? I know it’s soft determinism but I can’t find any concrete examples of the deterministic side that I’d be able to use in an essay.
I think reductionism is a better argument for this. Otherwise you could compare it to a free will approach instead, ie. the humanistic and then you're using the deterministic evaluation?

Potentially using memory as an example? Your STM memory is determined to be roughly 18 seconds and therefore we can't change things?

Sorry I couldn't be any more help lol
Reply 2
Original post by Student2011584
I think reductionism is a better argument for this. Otherwise you could compare it to a free will approach instead, ie. the humanistic and then you're using the deterministic evaluation?

Potentially using memory as an example? Your STM memory is determined to be roughly 18 seconds and therefore we can't change things?

Sorry I couldn't be any more help lol

Thank you, I was specifically looking for determinism examples incase I have to use it. But I agree the other issues & debates are much more straightforward!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending