The Student Room Group

L'Oreal rejection before completing the test?

Hi all,

I recently signed up to several roles for L'Oreal's internship scheme and was planning to complete the cognitive test, etc. later this week. However, this afternoon, I got a rejection email from them for one of the roles, despite me not having actually done any of the tests yet?

Is this normal to happen or was some kind of mistake made? On the careers hub on their website, all the roles are still marked as 'ongoing assessment' so I'm super confused ;-;

Has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 1
Original post by BitteRabbit
Hi all,

I recently signed up to several roles for L'Oreal's internship scheme and was planning to complete the cognitive test, etc. later this week. However, this afternoon, I got a rejection email from them for one of the roles, despite me not having actually done any of the tests yet?

Is this normal to happen or was some kind of mistake made? On the careers hub on their website, all the roles are still marked as 'ongoing assessment' so I'm super confused ;-;

Have you tried sending an email?
Original post by BitteRabbit
Hi all,

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the rejection email you received from L'Oreal. It's not uncommon for companies to send out rejection emails at different stages of the recruitment process. While it might seem unusual, it could be due to a variety of reasons:

Change in Requirements: Sometimes, a company's hiring needs can change unexpectedly, leading to the early closure of a particular role.

Technical Glitch: It's possible that there was a technical issue or mistake in the system that triggered the email prematurely.

Internal Process: Companies may have an internal review process that determines candidates' suitability even before they complete all assessments.

High Volume of Applicants: If there was a significant number of applicants for the role, the initial screening might have been accelerated.

To get clarification on the situation, it's a good idea to reach out to L'Oreal's HR or recruitment team. Politely express your confusion about the rejection email and inquire if it was sent in error or if there was a specific reason for the decision. This will help you understand the situation better and potentially provide an opportunity for reconsideration or feedback.

Wishing you the best of luck with your other internship applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending