The Student Room Group

Marking Criteria

I just sat paper 1 of my History essay, I believe I got an A in the extract section, maybe another A on one of the essay questions so that's fine. However, in one of the essays I didn't cover the full timeframe, lets say it was 1947 - 1967 I only spoke about events from 1950 - 63. I'm being told that I'm now likely to be put in band 2 (AQA) on the question, which is a C grade. This would significantly reduce my chances of getting the A I need overall for my course. Is this true? I covered everything needed for L4 or above, sustained argument, judgement etc but I didn't cover the full range in of the time frame...
(edited 11 months ago)
Was this the british empire paper? I did this one too. I did the exact same thing! I only referred to the wind of change speech for 1960 and didn't cover the time period after that. I asked my history teacher and he said it will be fine and wouldn't cost me marks
Reply 2
Original post by emmyisthebest01
Was this the british empire paper? I did this one too. I did the exact same thing! I only referred to the wind of change speech for 1960 and didn't cover the time period after that. I asked my history teacher and he said it will be fine and wouldn't cost me marks

Yes it was! I did 1956, 1960, 1963 maybe a couple others but my teacher said I might get level 2 now hahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending