The Student Room Group

btec grade boundaries

is 46/60 an alright btec grade for coursework (component 1 lvl 2) ? is it enough for a distinction possibly or do i need to work harder?
Reply 1
it depends on if you meet the criteria so its not really about points for example im currently doing btec applied science level 3 and my coursework feedback is if I've met the different criteria's and if i haven't i just have to meet them in the resubmission
Original post by chrisotrper
is 46/60 an alright btec grade for coursework (component 1 lvl 2) ? is it enough for a distinction possibly or do i need to work harder?

You dont say which subject, but the Grade boundaries for last year is at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/btec-tech-awards/btec-grade-boundaries-l2-tech-awards-june-2022.pdf
Reply 3

That isn’t relevant as the link you shared is for external exams and coursework isn’t an external as the teacher marks it and it’s not an exam
Original post by farhaan1232
That isn’t relevant as the link you shared is for external exams and coursework isn’t an external as the teacher marks it and it’s not an exam

If the OP got 46/60 then it is relevant as it must be an exam. Coursework is marked P,M or D and doesn't have Grade boundaries
Reply 5
Original post by bamtutor
If the OP got 46/60 then it is relevant as it must be an exam. Coursework is marked P,M or D and doesn't have Grade boundaries

Oh that’s quite unusual as my coursework never gets a score my teacher just shares the grade that I have got and if I get distinction in a full unit then I got a certain amount of points which helps with my final grade
Original post by farhaan1232
Oh that’s quite unusual as my coursework never gets a score my teacher just shares the grade that I have got and if I get distinction in a full unit then I got a certain amount of points which helps with my final grade

Yes, for coursework units you get a number of points for a Pass, Merit or Distinction. These are all added together and also added to Exam points to calculate your overall final grade.
Reply 7
Original post by bamtutor
Yes, for coursework units you get a number of points for a Pass, Merit or Distinction. These are all added together and also added to Exam points to calculate your overall final grade.

Yeah exactly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending