The Student Room Group

eng lit 2023

i just wanted to ask but basically i did my last duchess and ozymandias but i forgot to read the question about the *effects* of power. for 2 of my points i talked about power and for the other one i talked about the hubris of mankind but i didnt directly refer to the effects of power. how many marks do you guys think they can deduct me, i think my analysis and points were good but idk
Reply 1
I am not a gcse paper marker but my teachers said that there is no set “answer” to the papers. As long as you make some sort of reference to power, regardless whether it is the effects of it or the nature of it or a reference of any sort you should be okay. Also-I have been made aware that in English you can not lose marks, only gain. Say you referred to the wrong chapter or act or your quotes aren’t 100% accurate or fit the theme, the mark schemes state “reference to poem/play etc” so as long as you make some sort of reference to power you’re good. Same way in paper 1, the Macbeth question was how Shakespeare presents Macbeth as a MALE character that changes. But you in no way had to mention masculinity as the question may suggest. I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
THANK YOU SO MUCH! i was freaking out so much this helped me out a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending