The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BlueAngel
Well, seen as though this topic is about over emotional people. I dislike people who cry all the time, for reasons, like they failed an exam, split up with a boyfriend who theyve known for a week, fell down and bruised there ankle. I know alot of people that cry alot, and it annoys me soooo much, arghhhhhh, I could never cry in public, I hide when I cry in the cinema, lol. God, there are people who are starving and dieing in the world, and these lot just cry other stupid little reasons.

See, I think thats a bit different from the superficial emotions mentioned in the other post. I will fully admit that I am over emotional but it's in my nature- I can feel myself about to cry and then can't stop, even though I do try- I hate it about myself but then again, just because there are people starving etc, doesn't mean that you don't feel upset over your own life too because in relation to your own life, failing an exam is something which is important to you. I'm just not sure I subscribe to the 'because someone else is in worse pain, you shouldn't feel sad' view because when I'm upset, I know it's not the end of the world and I know there are people worse off but at that moment, my only way of making myself feel better is to release tension- some people aren't as strong as you, it's just in people's nature I think.
Eeyore
I think the gist of this thread is that excessive emotion is a bad thing... I certainly wouldn't want an emotionless existence, that's for sure!

ah rite. Thanks for pointing that out. Sometimes I just forget what the hell I'm writing about.
Reply 42
habosh
I 'm strong I don't cry I only faint :rolleyes:

fainting is cool ive done it about 4 times lol (no not really its weird i know!)
RoisinHan
See, I think thats a bit different from the superficial emotions mentioned in the other post. I will fully admit that I am over emotional but it's in my nature- I can feel myself about to cry and then can't stop, even though I do try- I hate it about myself but then again, just because there are people starving etc, doesn't mean that you don't feel upset over your own life too because in relation to your own life, failing an exam is something which is important to you. I'm just not sure I subscribe to the 'because someone else is in worse pain, you shouldn't feel sad' view because when I'm upset, I know it's not the end of the world and I know there are people worse off but at that moment, my only way of making myself feel better is to release tension- some people aren't as strong as you, it's just in people's nature I think.

You're the first person thats ever said that to me, that I'm strong. Cos Ive been told I am very weak hearted, I hate it when someone doesnt like me, I stay up all night thinking how I can make him/her like me. But yeh in crying, yeh I can hold it, I get a lump in my throat so I just dont talk or run out of the room, the only person whose seen me cry is God. No one else, thats cos I only cry to myself at night in my bedroom, and that is the worst feeling ever, cos you feel so lonely. How lovely it would be, if I had a shoulder to cry on. Shane where the hell are you.
Reply 44
PrOdiGy_
can i see the legal document please?

it's at the centre and it's their week end ,I think i'll get it and show it to you on shnaftday :biggrin: the 8th day of the week
Reply 45
i will never understand crying myself, apart from extreme physical pain i have never felt the need to cry :/
habosh
I 'm strong I don't cry I only faint :rolleyes:

lol, fainting for failed exams, oh you poor girl. I sorta love fainting, its so weird and different, when you black out and your legs feel like jelly and then you drop down and you can hear everyone talk, but you dont have the strength to move or open your eyes. Its a cool feeling. :biggrin:
lessthanthree
and for those who think crying over little things is pathetic: sometimes it's a stress relieving reflex.

Okay, crying in public about stupid boys is a bit dumb, but plenty of people cry for no reason/petty reasons. Just because there are people starving in africa doesn't mean that all personal problems are completely trivial.

I do not cry in public any more, I used to though, I do however occassionally cry in privite, but that has become rarer and rarer.
Reply 48
saturn
fainting is cool ive done it about 4 times lol (no not really its weird i know!)

me 2,i was lieing i'm a big liaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar..:biggrin:
Reply 49
habosh
it's at the centre and it's their week end ,I think i'll get it and show it to you on shnaftday :biggrin: the 8th day of the week

what centre is this?
what calendar are they using?
what calendar are you using?
Reply 50
PrOdiGy_
what centre is this?
what calendar are they using?
what calendar are you using?

I told you what centre it is the name is pretty long read the previous post
the ordinary calender
the ordinary calender that everybody in the world uses
sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saterday shnaftday sunday :biggrin:
lessthanthree

Some people deep breathe, some people hit things, I cry. It's completely beyond my control.

I curse and swear.
saturn
i dunno why it just does. I mean for example when girls hug each other and make a fuss it just annoys me is anyone else like this?
Also when bad events happen in the past or history everyone has loads of sympathy and yet people are all to willing to just kill animals and think nothing of it.
I think this is partly why it annoys me humans are so stuck up and think they are so superior, all this need for 'love and support' is pathetic compared to what animals go through

go to bed hun
I think it's very personal, partly to do with people who surround you and your upbringing (if it was difficult, you may be stronger emotionally than someone who had a very easy ride) but I think a large amount is something you're programmed with, as some people get very emotional (i.e. crying etc), some get very angry easily etc- it's just a really individual thing and as far as I'm concerned, although I do agree it's better to keep your crying out of the public eye, there is not a right or wrong way to be, it is simply a case of dealing with things however you find best.
Reply 54
lessthanthree
and for those who think crying over little things is pathetic: sometimes it's a stress relieving reflex.

Okay, crying in public about stupid boys is a bit dumb, but plenty of people cry for no reason/petty reasons. Just because there are people starving in africa doesn't mean that all personal problems are completely trivial.

the above thing i agree but why does everyone refere to 'people starving in Africa' why not ' innocent lobsters being burnt alive'
I do sound pathetic but thats only cause people have adapted to the animals are less important view
lessthanthree
mm, I cry for no reason. I try wicked hard to curb the public displays though :tongue:

It's just how my body reacts to different sources of stress.

Some people deep breathe, some people hit things, I cry. It's completely beyond my control.

Me too, I'm glad someone else gets what I get, sometimes I just feel pathetic!
Reply 56
habosh
I told you what centre it is the name is pretty long read the previous post
the ordinary calender
the ordinary calender that everybody in the world uses
sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saterday shnaftday sunday :biggrin:

I do not recall this centre being named.

When using the word everybody, that would include me and i dont use the calendar with saterday and shnaftday so please rephrase
Reply 57
wild thing
go to bed hun

nah ive just woke up :redface:
saturn
nah ive just woke up :redface:

lol...then go drink a beer :biggrin:

(ps: do we get any feedback from your ex gf and how it went :p:?)
Yeh you dont ignore your own problems, when people are starving in africa.

But what I was trying to say was, well Ive been told so many times, that there are always people worse of than you. When I attempted suicide last year, everyone was like, theres no need to cry and do that, there are others like the third world, who are worse off than you, why worry yourself off, when you can help others. etc... Um I dont know if that made sense or not,lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending