The Student Room Group

Rant: Where do some people get the audacity?

I’m sorry, this is just a rant - but it’s been really annoying me, and I think it’d be better to get off my chest.

There’s a girl called Amelia at my college, we’re not friends - we don’t even say hi in passing, but I’ve spoken to her once or twice.

Anyway, I’ve been off for a little while as I’m being diagnosed with endometriosis; lots of scans and so I had a few days off a week or so ago.

Today, she’s come up to me in my English Lit class and asked where I was last week. I told her I was unwell, to which she asked whether I was pregnant. I laughed, and asked why she thought that. More-so out of confusion and slight shock.

Word for word; ‘Oh. Well, you were off for a little while - and I just got a vibe.’ Kind of looking me up and down. I was off for three days.

It hit extra close to home; it’s not likely I’m going to be able to have children, much to my upset - and it just really angered me.

Thanks, Amelia. Really appreciated that. Sorry for the rant angels

Not that it matters, it’s rude either way - but I’m 17. I’m hardly at an age I’m likely to be having kids.
Original post by crocheturtle
I’m sorry, this is just a rant - but it’s been really annoying me, and I think it’d be better to get off my chest.

There’s a girl called Amelia at my college, we’re not friends - we don’t even say hi in passing, but I’ve spoken to her once or twice.

Anyway, I’ve been off for a little while as I’m being diagnosed with endometriosis; lots of scans and so I had a few days off a week or so ago.

Today, she’s come up to me in my English Lit class and asked where I was last week. I told her I was unwell, to which she asked whether I was pregnant. I laughed, and asked why she thought that. More-so out of confusion and slight shock.

Word for word; ‘Oh. Well, you were off for a little while - and I just got a vibe.’ Kind of looking me up and down. I was off for three days.

It hit extra close to home; it’s not likely I’m going to be able to have children, much to my upset - and it just really angered me.

Not that it matters, it’s rude either way - but I’m 17. I’m hardly at an age I’m likely to be having kids.

People like this are usually bored in their own lives and like to bother everyone else - but personally she sounds like a weirdo. If she tries something like that again tell her to stop being obsessed with you and call her out for it.

Hope you feel better soon! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by crocheturtle

Heeey, hope you are doing well! In life, we encounter various people, and each one leaves some impact on our mood, emotions, or even behavior. The situation with your 'friend' is a little bit awkward . It was odd how she approached and asked such strange question. Perhaps she simply wanted to initiate a conversation without any intention to cause offense, who knows... But the words of others can stuck in our minds... It seems to me that the key is not to take them too close to heart! it seems to me that living this way might be easier. Take care :wink:
Original post by jaydon cooper
hi im jaydon and i am 16 just wondering if me and that amelia could meet my number is 07513881782

Absolute weirdo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending