The Student Room Group

Feeling guilty in my relationship… I am an overthinker

Me and my bf are now going long distance since attending different universities. We had to say bye to each other. I’m excited for a new chapter at uni but will genuinely be sad that I can’t see my boyfriend as much. He got really emotional, like crying for ages, about us having to say goodbye but for some reason I just didn’t feel that sad. I’m not sure why? I felt guilty and had to force myself to show equal sadness to him. When he was being all lovey to me these last 2 days before we part I found myself being mean to him back and feeling resentful. I just feel kinda empty and like I suddenly don’t have feelings when I know that I always want to spend time with him and get upset when he has to leave. Why is this happening?
Maybe it's due to the excitement and stress about a new uni which is causing you to feel this way?
Ik that when im going to a new skl when an old friend or even family member becomes too affectionate or clingy i get rly annoyed since im more worried/excited about my new future to worry about the ppl i have around me rn (IK IK rly bad but it does go away within a week or two).

Or it could be that perhaps you have fallen out of love with ur bf/needs to re-assess ur rs because the long distance is putting you off so ur brain is rejecting the idea of being together with him and every time you see him you feel guilty ab it thus being accept when he leaves?

There could be a number of reasons, i'd suggest talking to ur bf about it in a calm manner because it could be that you're just frustrated and talking always helps!
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe it's due to the excitement and stress about a new uni which is causing you to feel this way?
Ik that when im going to a new skl, when an old friend or even family member becomes too affectionate or clingy i get rly annoyed since im more worried/excited about my new future to worry about the ppl i have around me rn (IK IK rly bad but it does go away within a week or two).

Or it could be that perhaps you have fallen out of love with ur bf/need to re-assess ur rs because the long distance is putting you off so ur brain is rejecting the idea of being together with him and every time you see him you feel guilty ab it thus being upset when he leaves?

There could be a number of reasons, i'd suggest talking to ur bf about it in a calm manner because it could be that you're just frustrated and talking always helps!

*just corrected my mistakes :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my bf are now going long distance since attending different universities. We had to say bye to each other. I’m excited for a new chapter at uni but will genuinely be sad that I can’t see my boyfriend as much. He got really emotional, like crying for ages, about us having to say goodbye but for some reason I just didn’t feel that sad. I’m not sure why? I felt guilty and had to force myself to show equal sadness to him. When he was being all lovey to me these last 2 days before we part I found myself being mean to him back and feeling resentful. I just feel kinda empty and like I suddenly don’t have feelings when I know that I always want to spend time with him and get upset when he has to leave. Why is this happening?

Perhaps you don't love him as much as you thought which is perfectly fine, him crying though sounds a bit weird

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending