The Student Room Group

can the english language paper 1 question 5 be unrelated completely in narrative

i am considering memorising an entire text and regurgitate it. It is not plagiarism as it is my work however if the question doesnt resemble my story slightly will i get any marks at all
Reply 1
the whole point of Q5 is to see how you can respond to a prompt, creating a completely new story. If your story doesn’t resemble the Q, you’d probably get some marks knocked off.
However, if you really struggle with coming up with ideas, go for it!! Just make sure you can link it in, and prepare both a description and a narrative, as sometimes a paper may have two descriptions or two narratives instead of one of either.
Reply 2
ok thank you!
Original post by waffelton
the whole point of Q5 is to see how you can respond to a prompt, creating a completely new story. If your story doesn’t resemble the Q, you’d probably get some marks knocked off.
However, if you really struggle with coming up with ideas, go for it!! Just make sure you can link it in, and prepare both a description and a narrative, as sometimes a paper may have two descriptions or two narratives instead of one of either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending