The Student Room Group

Why is dating so hard nowadays?

I hitted off with this dude at an event. And then he gave me his number and then he said he is open to hang out but basically this was my first time, this has ever happened, soo i got soo nervous and scared about actually meeting up a man. I was also interested in another guy so I wasnt rlly sure about this dude as he was also 5 years older than me. So i just texted him saying we will meet at another event and then we sent a few messages and he stopped replying. Fast forward the other dude I was interested in didnt't work out after like one date. So i know its been 7 month since i've talked to this dude.. but i was bored so I just texted him now asking if he is still interested in meeting up? Idk i hope he responds but he might think its wierd that I texted after a such a long time? I doubt he would respond, but i thought i could shoot my shot.
Reply 1
I mean I’m single😏 ( 19 male) 😂
Reply 2
You made plans with the guy then cancelled on him and you wonder why it's hard to date.
Reply 3
Original post by ToGodly
I mean I’m single😏 ( 19 male) 😂

Your young mate (21 female)
Reply 4
Original post by xox416
You made plans with the guy then cancelled on him and you wonder why it's hard to date.

Yh my bad :frown: messed up.. now i know not to do again
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Damnnn, you need to give young guys a chance fr
World in the toilet
Free Love has given way to Fear of Alone
Some amount of idiots about the place
I hitted off with this dude at an event. And then he gave me his number and then he said he is open to hang out but basically this was my first time, this has ever happened, soo i got soo nervous and scared about actually meeting up a man. I was also interested in another guy so I wasnt rlly sure about this dude as he was also 5 years older than me. So i just texted him saying we will meet at another event and then we sent a few messages and he stopped replying. Fast forward the other dude I was interested in didnt't work out after like one date. So i know its been 7 month since i've talked to this dude.. but i was bored so I just texted him now asking if he is still interested in meeting up? Idk i hope he responds but he might think its wierd that I texted after a such a long time? I doubt he would respond, but i thought i could shoot my shot.

You caused the problem by cancelling the meeting. The first guy probably thought that you were not interested, so decided to pull back.

Gone are the days when women expect men to wait on a shelf ready to be played with one their terms. Men have feelings, desires and a life to live. If you are not interested, it is best for the lad to move on especially if he had another woman who would be interested in him.

A suggestion is to follow through with your actions. If you decide to cancel be honest and book another meeting soon afterwards. Don't clown the lad because you wont appreciate it, if it happened to you.

To your key question, i think dating is difficult nowadays because people have unreal expectations of others. They expect things from people that they cannot offer or don’t have themselves.

Good luck
Reply 8

How do you find dating hard now compared to when you were young?
Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
You caused the problem by cancelling the meeting. The first guy probably thought that you were not interested, so decided to pull back.

Gone are the days when women expect men to wait on a shelf ready to be played with one their terms. Men have feelings, desires and a life to live. If you are not interested, it is best for the lad to move on especially if he had another woman who would be interested in him.

A suggestion is to follow through with your actions. If you decide to cancel be honest and book another meeting soon afterwards. Don't clown the lad because you wont appreciate it, if it happened to you.

To your key question, i think dating is difficult nowadays because people have unreal expectations of others. They expect things from people that they cannot offer or don’t have themselves.

Good luck

I actually messaged him like yesterday but he hasn't replied. Anyways tried my shot again. He probs has someone now.
Reply 10
Original post by Quady
How do you find dating hard now compared to when you were young?

Actually this is my start of dating experience, l've talked to lots of dudes before but i've never been in a relationship as I was very career orientated. So now that's been settled I am open to dating. So I can't really say much, but lots of guys i meet nowadays are already in a relationship. So the pool is getting smaller.
I actually messaged him like yesterday but he hasn't replied. Anyways tried my shot again. He probs has someone now.

Alright. Good luck
Reply 12
Actually this is my start of dating experience, l've talked to lots of dudes before but i've never been in a relationship as I was very career orientated. So now that's been settled I am open to dating. So I can't really say much, but lots of guys i meet nowadays are already in a relationship. So the pool is getting smaller.

You could consider an older demographic of guy, ones in their 40s who have left/divorced their wife come back on the dating scene.

Or perhaps just enjoy your career?
Reply 13
Original post by Quady
You could consider an older demographic of guy, ones in their 40s who have left/divorced their wife come back on the dating scene.

Or perhaps just enjoy your career?

No i meant men my age lol. I mean I just wanted to secure my corporate job before dating because i wanted to be focused. But now realised i could have just started dating before.
No i meant men my age lol. I mean I just wanted to secure my corporate job before dating because i wanted to be focused. But now realised i could have just started dating before.

You are right. Focus on your relationship and your career together.
Reply 15

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending