The Student Room Group

NCS this summer

Is anyone going ncs this summer or has anyone gone cause i’m thinking of going but i’m so shy i transform into a tomato as soon as i talk to people, it’s really annoying and i’m going alone so not sure anyone else is like this and went alone but still enjoyed it?
Original post by Kelly0121
Is anyone going ncs this summer or has anyone gone cause i’m thinking of going but i’m so shy i transform into a tomato as soon as i talk to people, it’s really annoying and i’m going alone so not sure anyone else is like this and went alone but still enjoyed it?

it was so fun! my year was affected by covid so we didnt get our residential and almost every talk and workshop was on zoom but meeting new people was so fun i was nervous but spending 2 weeks with everyone was a great experience. the last day was the best cuz we were all friends by that point but it took a few days for everyone's initial awkwardness to dissipate
Reply 2
Hi, I went to NCS last summer and making friends is not at all difficult. At the beginning, the NCS leaders made sure that we did a lot of icebreakers and everyone was extremely friendly (the people who tend to go on NCS are normally quite nice). You should have no trouble making new friends, even if you are shy! It is helpful to bring some card games such as uno or just a normal playing deck as that is a great way to talk to other people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest