The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL English Language Requirement - MA in Legal and Political Theory

Hi! Im Alex from Indonesia.

Earlier this year, around February, I checked on the UCL'S MA in Legal and Political Theory web page to find that their english language requirement was (for IELTS) a minimum of 8 (overall) and 8 (across all bands). I proceeded to take my IELTS and was devastated, since I had reached the 8 overall band but had a 7.5 writing score! I plan to apply later this year for the 2024-2025 academic year.

However, just now, I checked the page again–I was surprised to see that apparently the requirement was level 4, which is a minimum of 7.5 overall in 7.0 across all bands. Now, I'm really happy that I would not have to retake my IELTS, but also confused; is this simply an error in my part, did UCL actually lower its english language requirement, and, if the latter is true, will it stay that way for long? I understand the extremely high standards, since the program will involve a lot of advanced reading and writing, so I'm really confused. Has this happened before? I even tried to access the "older" version of the webpage to no luck.

Would appreciate any answers! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending