The Student Room Group

Should I discuss transgender in psychology gender bias?

I do AQA psycholgoy and I'm just wondering if this would be an appropriate evaluation point to discuss how gender bias has more implications with development in transgender technology. Does this mean gender bias lacks temporal validity and needs updating to accommodate for non binary etc?

I don't know if it would be appropriate to mention in the exam though - due to the sensitive nature and it's not in the book.
Reply 1
Original post by Student2011584
I do AQA psycholgoy and I'm just wondering if this would be an appropriate evaluation point to discuss how gender bias has more implications with development in transgender technology. Does this mean gender bias lacks temporal validity and needs updating to accommodate for non binary etc?

I don't know if it would be appropriate to mention in the exam though - due to the sensitive nature and it's not in the book.

Would you use that in paper three- issues and debates?
Yeh, if there were an essay on gender bias for example or an evaluate gender bias question. I'm just not sure if it'd be seen as sensitive or how to fully evaluate with it.

Original post by Gaia.xox
Would you use that in paper three- issues and debates?
Reply 3
Original post by Student2011584

i mean you could do, but then u could evaluate it by saying it is socially sensitive research so any future technological advancements may require a cost benefit analysis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending