The Student Room Group

University with no A levels

Can I go to uni without A levels? I got kicked out of sixth-form but I still want to go uni without going college or retaking a levels.
Original post by dxpire
Can I go to uni without A levels? I got kicked out of sixth-form but I still want to go uni without going college or retaking a levels.

access courses, doubt youd get in with that track record though, also theyre outrageously expensive
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
oh okay thanks for replying
Original post by tedkazcynski
access courses, doubt youd get in with that track record though, also theyre outrageously expensive
You will need some kind of level 3 qualification - which may be A-levels, something else like IB, BTECs, or similar (dependent on the course) or an Access to HE course as noted above. Note that you can get funding for the tuition fees for an Access to HE course if you don't hold a level 3 qualification through an advanced learner loan (ALL) from SFE, and if you go on to complete a degree the ALL is written off so you will only have your degree loans left (and not the access one) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
You will need some kind of level 3 qualification - which may be A-levels, something else like IB, BTECs, or similar (dependent on the course) or an Access to HE course as noted above. Note that you can get funding for the tuition fees for an Access to HE course if you don't hold a level 3 qualification through an advanced learner loan (ALL) from SFE, and if you go on to complete a degree the ALL is written off so you will only have your degree loans left (and not the access one) :smile:

okay thank you so much :smile:
Reply 5
You can also enrol at the open university as you don't need a levels however its distance learning so you won't get the university experience if thats something that matters to you.

Their courses are also cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest