The Student Room Group

Internship application

I reapplied for an internship project that I did in my First year of Uni, it usually gets carried out over summer and I learnt a lot from my experience. It was worth applying again because it's a different project each time around and the project coordinators and supervisors encouraged me to reapply when I was in second year.

When I applied back in first year I received a response within 3 weeks, however this year; I haven't heard anything back and it's been a month.

Would it be worth asking when the decisions will come out? I don't want to come across as rude :frown:
Original post by Bean_cat
I reapplied for an internship project that I did in my First year of Uni, it usually gets carried out over summer and I learnt a lot from my experience. It was worth applying again because it's a different project each time around and the project coordinators and supervisors encouraged me to reapply when I was in second year.

When I applied back in first year I received a response within 3 weeks, however this year; I haven't heard anything back and it's been a month.

Would it be worth asking when the decisions will come out? I don't want to come across as rude :frown:

Hi there,

That sounds amazing and like a very interesting experience! I do not think that asking about the status of your application would be rude at all, in fact, I think that if worded correctly, it would come across as eager and show that you are definitely interested in the position. Try to be polite, understanding and enthusiastic.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well.

Rachel- YSJ student rep :smile:
Original post by Bean_cat

Hey!
I understand your concern about reaching out and wanting to know the status of your application. It's completely reasonable to inquire about the decision timeline, and doing so does not come across as rude. It demonstrates your enthusiasm and interest in the internship program.

When you reach out, make sure to maintain a polite and professional tone in your communication. You can send a brief and friendly email or message expressing your continued interest in the internship and kindly ask if there is any update on the application review process. You can mention that you applied a month ago and are eager to hear back. Remember, it's important to remain polite, patient, and understanding throughout the communication. Good luck with your application!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending