The Student Room Group

Internship in America

Right now I'm taking a gap year and want to get some work experience abroad (specifically in North America) but am struggling to work out what to do. I'm studying Film but also have an interest in journalism so I have been looking within that area. I received an offer from The Intern Company however their internship was too expensive even if I pay in gaps and I also got an offer from CI Internships however they require a £250 deposit to look for applications which while is refundable I'm sceptical about paying in case I don't find an internship I can do. I've also heard mixed feelings about these internship companies since they aren't paid with many calling them scams. I've also had an interest in the paid holiday internship in Canada through BUNAC which is far cheaper plus I get paid but am still not sure about it since it isn't relevant to my studies and again I've heard mixed feelings about BUNAC. Does anyone have any good recommendations about which internship abroad might be the best or if there are any other internship companies that aren't as expensive and more reputable?
Reply 1
Did you make a decision? Interning in North America is expensive and most companies will charge fees as it's pretty difficult to do this by yourself in terms of visa/placements/accommodation. I just did a quick look and found some internships in the USA but they do require a fee. The plus is you get a guaranteed placement.

Quick Reply

Latest