The Student Room Group

Law Universities

Hi!
I’m looking to apply for law in the next coming months and was wondering if it’s worth applying to any of the 'top unis' given my stats.
Having already completed my a levels achieving A*AA (A*in Art and Design and two A's in History and English Literature), and an LNAT test booked for December, I’m unsure if I stand a chance with the Durham, KCL, UCL type.

I’m planning on applying to Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol and potentially Warwick, Birmingham or Manchester.

All of the entry requirements are A*AA bar Nottingham and Warwick (AAA). I’m sort of worried that they’ll see my A* is in art and write me off lmao. Obviously, I’d be grateful to receive offers from any of the universities listed, it would be greatly appreciated if any law students could offer me any form of insight :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mElena26
Hi!
I’m looking to apply for law in the next coming months and was wondering if it’s worth applying to any of the 'top unis' given my stats.
Having already completed my a levels achieving A*AA (A*in Art and Design and two A's in History and English Literature), and an LNAT test booked for December, I’m unsure if I stand a chance with the Durham, KCL, UCL type.

I’m planning on applying to Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol and potentially Warwick, Birmingham or Manchester.

All of the entry requirements are A*AA bar Nottingham and Warwick (AAA). I’m sort of worried that they’ll see my A* is in art and write me off lmao. Obviously, I’d be grateful to receive offers from any of the universities listed, would be really appreciative if any law students could give me any form of insight :smile:

There are no A level subject requirements for law. An A*AA in your subjects is the same as those for, say, history, English Lit and maths. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
There are no A level subject requirements for law. An A*AA in your subjects is the same as those for, say, history, English Lit and maths. :smile:

Thank you for your response, that's reassuring to hear! Choosing universities for law seems like such a daunting process by its competitiveness alone :rolleyes:
Thank you for your response, that's reassuring to hear! Choosing universities for law seems like such a daunting process by its competitiveness alone :rolleyes:

No problem, and yes - it's a competitive course. Quite apart from the A levels, probably the most important element to get an interview/offer is the LNAT admissions test where it is used as a selection tool.

Need an update! Where did you get offers from? Also any tips for the LNAT? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending