The Student Room Group

Ideas for pre-planned responses for English Lang Q5

Does anyone have any ideas for pre-planned responses for Q5 for Monday's English Language Paper 1?
NOT asking for a whole idea, just small hints and stuff like that (if y'all get me lmao)
YOU'D BE SUCH A LIFE SAVER <3
Reply 1
Original post by XeroIsAwesome
Does anyone have any ideas for pre-planned responses for Q5 for Monday's English Language Paper 1?
NOT asking for a whole idea, just small hints and stuff like that (if y'all get me lmao)
YOU'D BE SUCH A LIFE SAVER <3

I have tried planning sone headlines in advance so I have a clear standpoint. if it is on language change then I have focussed on mocking prescriptivists and created some metaphors within the essay. and if it is on accent and dialect I have focussed on defending regional varieties and mocking RP speakers. I will be doing the same for like genderlect and sociolect with some pre-planned theories to mention within. key thing with this question is outlining linguistic ideas, so you need to explain linguistic terms such as 'prescriptivist' in order to gain marks for that part of the mark scheme which im sure you already know haha. just make sure you have a headline as that is important too, so im planning mine in advance so I at least have something to go on as I always spend loads of time trying to think of a cool headline and waste my time lol.
Reply 2
Original post by izzy0440
I have tried planning sone headlines in advance so I have a clear standpoint. if it is on language change then I have focussed on mocking prescriptivists and created some metaphors within the essay. and if it is on accent and dialect I have focussed on defending regional varieties and mocking RP speakers. I will be doing the same for like genderlect and sociolect with some pre-planned theories to mention within. key thing with this question is outlining linguistic ideas, so you need to explain linguistic terms such as 'prescriptivist' in order to gain marks for that part of the mark scheme which im sure you already know haha. just make sure you have a headline as that is important too, so im planning mine in advance so I at least have something to go on as I always spend loads of time trying to think of a cool headline and waste my time lol.

I think you mean the opinion article if not i've just completely messed up so ignore me lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending